Fixed Term Deposits
Fixed Term Deposits offer you the peace of mind that whatever happens to interest rates, you are guaranteed that you’re fixed rate wont change.
We offer competitive fixed term deposits accounts for the following time periods; 7 day fixed, 1, 2, 3, 6 and 12 months fixed. We also offer bespoke rates for longer terms.
- Minimum balance of £5,000 or currency equivalent, no maximum
- A guaranteed fixed rate until the account matures
- Interest paid at the end of the term with an option to be added to your Bank of Ireland account or to be paid away to another account by electronic transfer.
- Withdrawals are permitted on the following basis:
- At Maturity– no breakage charges are levied to withdraw from a maturing
- During the Fixed Term– withdrawals are permitted but will be subject to a
- At the end of the fixed term the account will automatically re-invest for the same term unless otherwise instructed
- Available in 14 currencies, including Sterling, US Dollars and Euro.
- Interest is paid gross#
For information on the other currencies available click here
**Please refer to our Schedule of Charges for full details. All documents are available in our 'Documentation' section.
Please ensure you have read and understood the product key benefits and the terms and conditions before applying for an account. All documents are available in our 'Documentation' section. Click here to view the Product Summary Box
For information on the Financial Compensation Scheme that covers this product click here
# Gross rates are fixed. Interest will be paid without the deduction of income tax to all depositors, (Exchange of Information will apply to all depositors resident in the EU). However it is the responsibility of individuals to discharge any tax liability they may have.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year. As every advert for a savings product that quotes an interest rate will contain and AER, you will be able to compare more easily what return you can expect from your savings over time.